Our annual SleepOut will take place on Friday 25th November 2016 at Southwark Cathedral.
Please arrive between 7pm and 9pm on Friday 25th November.
The Sleepout ends at 7am on Saturday 26th November.
Find out how to register HERE by Monday 21st November
Why join our annual SleepOut Event?
- Robes operates a volunteer run winter night shelter for the homeless across Southwark and Lambeth.
- We also provide a range of support services to help our homeless shelter guests rebuild their lives.
- In the winter of 2016/17 we will be running two shelters simultaneously, each night for the first time!
- 28 church venues and more than 500 volunteers will provide food, shelter, advice and support for around 70 people sleeping rough in South London.
- It will cost Robes £210,000 to cover the costs of expansion and a year’s running costs. We rely solely on donations from churches, individuals, businesses and grants to keep us going.
What happens on the night?
There will be musical entertainment from 8pm, an auction, and a short evening service will take place at 10pm. There will also be time to socialise over refreshments before bedding down for the night.
Please arrive between 7pm and 9pm on Friday 25th November. The SleepOut ends at 7am on Saturday 26th November.
At each event we have:
- a small security group looking after our safety
- a First Aid point
- administrative staff taking care of registration
- a small army of helpers with refreshments
Please read the factsheet for details of what you, and any others who might come with you, will need on the night. Hot drinks, toilet facilities and first aid will be available during the night, along with emergency shelter, in case of extreme weather conditions.
We encourage you to use the SleepOut as an opportunity to raise money for our charity. You could collect sponsorships online, by setting up an account at JustGiving; or manually, filling in a sponsorship form and sending us the money by cheque.
The easiest way to fundraise for the SleepOut is by using JustGiving.
Please follow the link below to set up a sponsorship page that is automatically linked to the Robes SleepOut. All the money donated through the page – either online or through a text donation service that you can set up on the website, will come through to Robes directly.
How to set up the JustGiving sponsorship page?
- Click here to be taken to our JustGiving Event Page Robes SleepOut – JustGiving
- Login to JustGiving. If you don’t have an account, you will be asked to create one
- Follow the instructions on screen
(If the link doesn’t work, you can copy the following link in your browser
You can download our up to date sponsorship form here Sponsorship Form 2016
Please ensure sponsorship forms and money are sent to The Robes Project, Bermondsey Central Hall, 256 Bermondsey St, London SE1 3UJ by 31 January 2017 (please mark envelope SLEEPOUT).
Find out how to register HERE
Here is a video from one of our previous Sleepout events!
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org