Volunteers make the work of the Robes Project possible. Over the last winter, over 500 people gave their time to the project. With our project rapidly expanding, we are currently looking for new volunteers in the shelters and at other projects!
Can you help us?
If you are interested in volunteering with Robes, please fill in our volunteer application form.
Or keep reading for some more info about the different volunteer roles.
Helping in the night shelters
Our night shelters are run by teams of volunteers across 28 venues in Southwark and Lambeth. The volunteers: welcome guests, prepare drinks, socialise, cook and serve dinner, stay overnight, wash laundry and cook breakfast. Two or three volunteers stay with the guests overnight.
Currently, some of our shelter teams are looking for new volunteers. The easiest way to get involved is by filling in the volunteer application form. Please indicate all the times when you could be available. This doesn’t involve a commitment on your part, but it means that we can forward your details to the right teams who will then get in touch with you and agree on specific shifts based on your availability. For example you will be able to indicate how often you want to volunteer and what roles you prefer.
*Please do not be disappointed if we do not have opportunities to volunteer at the night shelter on the times when you are available. This is often the most popular choice amongst willing volunteers. The more flexible you are in your availability, the more likely that there will be a role for you. Also, keep an eye on the list below. If you can fill any of these roles, we are very keen to hear from you!!
Currently we are short of volunteers at the following times
- Overnight volunteers on several nights of the week (At most venues the overnighters don’t have to stay awake during the night, although the exact arrangement will vary among the shelters)
Volunteering on other projects
We are also looking for volunteers for a number of other projects and office based roles, such as
- Wednesday lunch club and drop-in volunteers (Wednesdays from 10:30 to 2:30)
- Guest mentoring and befriending volunteers (flexible)
- Guest accompanying volunteer – to go with guests to appointments or flat viewings (needs to be available at least one week-day / week)
- Organising events and fundraising activities (flexible)
- Attending events and fundraising activities (various)
- Office based / admin roles (flexible)
- Publicity / media (flexible)
If you are interested in any of these roles, please fill in our volunteer application form